To fundraise on GiveGab, your organization must be eligible to receive tax-deductible donations. Here are acceptable documents showing your charitable status:
- For 501(c)(3) organizations: A letter from the IRS stating your 501(c)(3) status
- For churches, mosques, or synagogues: Your entry in a national directory of religion denomination or charter letter from your religious governing body
- Subordinate nonprofit: Your parent organization’s 501(c)(3) and a letter from you parent organization confirming your charter as a chapter or program
- Small nonprofit (revenue under $5,000): A letter from an affiliated third party confirming your purpose and a letter on your organization’s letterhead that states you are registering as a small nonprofit, which has revenue of less than $5,000
- Government Agency: Statement of incorporation on official letterhead
We don’t currently allow individuals to fundraise on behalf of an organization without the organization’s explicit authorization. We do allow peer-to-peer fundraising, where the organization creates the campaign, and individuals can sign up to fundraise.