Step 1: Begin the Donation Process
Start the giving process in one of two ways - either by selecting the "Make a Donation" button or by selecting one of the donations levels on the campaign page.
Step 2: Choose a Donation Amount
If you selected a giving level, skip ahead to Step 3. If you selected the "Make a Donation" button, you'll need to select the amount you'd like to give. You can either select one of the amounts displayed or input your own amount. You'll also have the option to make your donations a recurring gift, meaning your donation will be processed at the same time each month for the same amount. Once you've finished filling out that section of the form, click the "Next" button.
Step 3: Input Your Credit Card Information
Enter your credit card information, mailing address (if the form asks for it – each organization decides if they collect this information or not), and hit the "Next" button. If you’re signed in to GiveGab, you won’t need to submit your email address. However, if you are not signed in to GiveGab, your email address is required so we can send you a tax-deductible receipt. Additionally, if you're not located in the U.S., just check that box that says "Not located in the U.S.?" and you'll be able to continue the donation process from there.
Step 4: Confirm Your Donation
Before submitting your donation, you'll be presented with a few options regarding your gift:
- A) Cover the fees associated with your gift (shown just below your donation – it’s the $5.00 and $2.67 amounts in the example below)
- B) Keep your donation anonymous (your donation will show “Anonymous” as the donor)
- C) Make your donation a monthly gift (your card will be charged on the same date each month for the same amount)
- D) Allocate your donation to a fundraiser (select the name of the fundraiser that you'd like to allocate your gift to from the drop down menu)
- E) Add a message (this will show up below your donation on the campaign page)
Once you’ve confirmed the amount and chosen the various options, click the “Confirm” button.
Step 5: Thank You!
When the donation has been submitted and processed, you’ll be presented with a ‘Thank You’ page. From there, you can go back to the campaign page, go to the organization's profile, head to their website, or share that you just donated on social media!
Immeadiately following your donation, you’ll receive a confirmation email with an electronic thank you letter and your tax deductible receipt.