Step 1: Navigate to Your Admin Dashboard
Click next to "Viewing Dashboard For" in the middle and very bottom of the page to toggle between Dashboards. Then select the organization name of the profile you're looking to access at this time from the options.
Step 2: Navigate to your Everyday Community Giving Dashboard
From the “Home” Tab of your Admin Dashboard, click on your Everyday Community Giving name on the left sidebar. This will bring you to your Everyday Community Giving Dashboard.
Please keep in mind that although the example below uses OC Nonprofit Central as the Everyday Community Giving profile, you will find your Everyday Community Giving profile name in the same spot on your Admin Dashboard.
Step 3: Add Your Organization's Information
Expand the first tab on your Everyday Community Giving Dashboard to add your organization's logo, website URL, tagline, and up to three causes that best represents your organization. Once you've completed this information, click the "Save" button.
Step 4: Add Your Story
Expand the second tab on your Everyday Community Giving Dashboard to add a cover photo, YouTube or Vimeo video, and customize your organization's story. Once you've completed this information, click the "Save" button.
Looking for more ideas and strategies around creating your story for this tab? Check out this article, which will help you tell a captivating story to your potential supporters.
Step 5: Get Verified to Receive Donations
Let's look at the "Get Verified to Receive Donations" box! This only applies to your organization if your organization is collecting the funds you receive through our platform to your organization's bank account. If your Community Foundation receives funds on your behalf, you do not need to worry about this section. - Any questions about if this section applies to you? Write into the chat bubble!
When you check the box you are attesting (defined as "declaring that something exists or is the case") to the best of your knowledge that your organization is compliant with applicable state fundraising requirements in the states in which you may solicit donors using the GiveGab platform.
Questions? Take a look at the resources in the link or head to Harbor Compliance to learn more from compliance experts.
The Verification & Bank Account Information
- Business Name: This should match the legal business name you have registered with the IRS. If you have a fiscal sponsor, their name should be listed here.
- EIN/ Tax ID: Your Employer Identification Number will be used to verify your organization. This is the number on file with the IRS. If you have a fiscal sponsor their EIN should be listed here and you should write into the chat bubble so we can help you with the verification process.
- Organization Representative: This information can be provided by anyone associated with your organization. We recommend it be someone closely associated with and highly trusted by your organization. The name provided must match the name displayed on the representative's social security card, and the birth date and last 4 SNN must be valid. SSN information does not pass through our servers at any point. It is immediately tokenized and securely stored by our payment processor, Stripe, a PCI Service Provider Level 1- the most stringent level of certification possible.
Once this information is complete click "Save" and your organization should be verified to accept donations within 2-3 business days.
Step 7: Add Donation Levels (may not be part of your profile)
- Image: All donation level images should be 5MB max and a JPG, JPEG or PNG file type. The dimensions can be flexible, as you can edit how the image is displayed when uploading it.
- Description: Highlight the impact of that giving amount in 75 characters or less
- Collect Address and Phone Number from Donors: We do not automatically collect mailing addresses and phone numbers, as we find that it slows down the donation process. However, if you'd like to opt into collecting this information, you can do so by checking the box in the donation level section of your Everyday Community Giving Dashboard.
Need ideas for setting Donation Levels? Check out this article here!
Step 8: Add Your Thank You Message
Expand the fifth tab on your Everyday Community Giving Dashboard to add a custom thank you message that your donors will receive immediately after making their contribution to your organization, along with a tax-deductible receipt. Here you can add an image or video (Adding a video will replace any image you add) and a custom message. Once you've completed your thank you message, don't forget to click the "Save" button.
Need help crafting a thoughtful thank you message? Click here!
Once you've worked in a tab, there will be a green check mark next to the heading. Green check marks for every tab on your Everyday Community Giving Dashboard means that you've done a good job customizing your profile!
Please note that Everyday Community Giving Dashboards vary depending on the site and the partner for that project. Your profile may have more or less fields to customize.
If you have any questions at all about your profile or what you need to do to customize it, please reach out to our customer success team via the blue chat bubble on the bottom right of the screen, or send us an email email@example.com.