To ensure the GiveGab Giving Day platform is accessible, we aim to comply with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 Level AA.
GiveGab is constantly updating its platform with enhanced functionality and innovative features; therefore, we perform accessibility audits quarterly to understand how we comply. We leverage specialized tools such as WAVE and PopeTech to help us perform these audits. Any items discovered are logged and added to the product development backlog to ensure they are addressed in a timely manner.
Here are some of the features that make the GiveGab Giving Day platform accessible:
- Screen Reader Support: the Giving Day platform is accessible via screen readers; we have Aria labels and Alt tags across the platform. Additionally, we support proper header syntax and hierarchy to help with accessibility.
- Keyboard Navigation: Every component of the donation flow from start to finish, as well as GG Chat and this Help Center, can be accessed using a keyboard without requiring a mouse or trackpad. Most pages also support full keyboard navigation. GiveGab is constantly striving to address and improve this across the platform.
- Color Contrast: All text on GG Chat and in the Help Center is clearly visible and utilizes colors that are well contrasted.
We also work with the Giving Day partners who use our platform to ensure that content they are adding follows accessibility standards. This includes but is not limited to:
- Ensuring appropriate color contrast for key content and text on main navigational pages
- Ensuring third-party content added, such as videos, have appropriate content labels and captions
- Helping them publish an accessibility statement on their site that aligns with our platform’s statement
- Working with them to scope out specific custom work, in order to help with accessibility standards that they may desire
- Working with them to help coach their site users, who add content, to be cognizant of potential issues derived from that content they may post
We welcome your questions and feedback regarding GiveGab accessibility. We can be reached through GG Chat or by email at CustomerSuccess@GiveGab.com.