Step 1: Navigate to Your Admin Dashboard
Click "You" on the top right corner of your page on GiveGab and from the drop down menu, select "Admin Dashboard" for the organization you'd like to access.
Step 2: Navigate to your Giving Day Dashboard
From the “Overview” Tab of your Admin Dashboard for your organization, click on the "Edit Profile" button from the Giving Day banner highlighted below.
Step 3: Customize Your Button
While on your Giving Day dashboard, you'll see an option in the right-hand bar, called "Embed a Donate Button". Select this option.
After making that selection, you'll be brought to a page where you can customize the button's call to action, then even select the color of the button. This is a great opportunity to make it clear to donors exactly what their gift will go towards.
Step 4: Embedding the Button Into Your Site
Based on the type of site you have, there are different ways to approach implementation. Below is a quick-guide based on some types of sites you might have!
Standard HTML Sites: Simply copy and paste the code directly into the HTML of your site. We recommend pasting a snippet inside any block-level HTML element, including but not limited to:
•<body>...</body> •<div>...</div> •<span>...</span>
Be sure to follow the guidelines for valid HTML (http://validator.w3.org/docs/help.html), including the closing of all tags.
Embedding a snippet in a Sidebar Widget (v2.8 and greater)
If you would like the Giving Day donate button to appear in the sidebar on every page of your WordPress blog, we recommend adding the code snippet in a Text sidebar widget. Once you are logged into your WordPress blog dashboard, you'll need to do the following:
- Click the ‘Widgets’ link from the ‘Appearance’ tab in version 2.8 or higher
- Next, drag a Text widget from the list of Available Widgets into the Sidebar set of widgets of your choosing
- Next, paste the Giving Day form snippet into the body of the newly added Text widget and click ‘Save’
Embedding a snippet in a Theme Layout
If you would like your Giving Day widget to appear on every page of your WordPress blog, we recommend adding the snippet to your blog’s Theme using a custom template. Once you are logged into your WordPress blog dashboard:
- Click the ‘Editor’ link from the ‘Appearance’ tab in version 2.8 or higher. In version 2.7, click the ‘Theme Editor’ link from the ‘Design’ tab
- Next, select the template you wish to add the snippet to from the list of templates. For example, if you wish to have the Giving Day button display in your blog’s sidebar, select the "Sidebar.php" template
- Next, paste the Giving Day code snippet into the template file’s code
- Click ‘Update File’
Embedding a snippet in an individual post
If you would like your Giving Day button to appear on a single post on your blog, load the ‘Edit’ screen for the post you wish to use. Next, simply paste the snippet into the ‘HTML’ content tab, then click ‘Publish’ or ‘Save Draft’.
NOTE: if your WordPress version is 2.6 or earlier, you may need to add a </p> tag before the snippet and a <p> after it, with no line breaks.
If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to our customer success team via the blue chat bubble on the bottom right of the screen, or send us an email at email@example.com.